Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cherrybrook Kitchen Sugar Cookie Mix

Cherrybrook Kitchen touts itself as a "sweet solution for food allergies". Their baking mixes are dairy free, nut free, egg free and peanut free and they do have a line of products that are wheat free/gluten free as well. I figured I may as well give one of these baking mixes a shot. Cherrybrook Kitchen has baking mixes for cakes, cookies and brownies.

This easter, my sister decided to endulge those from my family who cannot handle dairy and made a batch of Cherrybrook Kitchen's sugar cookie mix. What a disappointment!! The cookie's consistency and texture was like cardboard and there was really no flavor whatsoever. I had two little bites and decided that the calories were not worth it - even for a measly little sugar cookie. My mom commented on how I could probably add a little soy cream to the cookie to make it taste better, but my response was, "Why should I have to do that? I may as well just have a bowl of soy cream then."

For those who tried the sugar cookies at Easter, we all agreed...not a good mix. Tasteless and dry. Do not waste your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment