Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Yogurt with the Misleading Name

So delicious? Rich and Creamy? I beg to differ. I was excited when I came across this newer line of yogurts at Whole Foods a couple of months back, mostly because they had an interesting new flavor to try - Cinnamon Bun. It sounded like a great new breakfast option along side a banana, but when I took in my first spoonful, I actually thought that my yogurt had gone bad. As I tried to stir it up, it was hard to make smooth. It was like a thick gel that I could never get to a creamy consistency. Finally after giving up on smoothing the curds in the container, I took a bite. Hmmmm....it just didn't taste quite right...a little too sour, but not enough to be sure it had gone bad. I decided to assume it was expired and threw it in the trash.

The following week, I picked up another container of the cinnamon bun, along with the lemon flavor as well. At dessert that night, I was disappointed to find the same thick gel consistency that couldn't be smoothed out and the flavor was the same - sort of a cinnamon with a sour after taste. Ick! I immediately went back to the fridge to try the lemon flavor. Maybe the cinnamon bun was just a flavor gone wrong? Sadly, this was not the case. The lemon's consistency was the same and the flavor was extremely tart with a bitter after taste. I didn't even give it three spoonfuls....two was enough and I was done.


Did you have a different experience? If so, share your thoughts!

To see information about the new line of yogurts as well as nutritional information, visit:
So Delicious Yogurts

No comments:

Post a Comment