Saturday, March 14, 2009

There's Something For Everyone at The Wedge Coop Bakery

When I was younger, my Dad used to treat our family to a box of pastries on Sunday mornings. I usually chose the croissant filled with strawberry jelly and cream cheese. Of course those days are over, unless I want an upset stomach for the next few days...

Unfortunately, most bakeries around the Twin Cities are not allergy-friendly, but have no fear - The Wedge Coop's bakery has us covered! It doesn't matter if you're lactose intolerant, gluten-sensitive, vegan, etc. They have something for just about everyone!

My favorite indulgences include the vegan chocolate cupcake and the vegan pumpkin muffin. My dad (a vegan) also endorses the vegan tollhouse chocolate chip cookie, the vegan macaroons and the vegan thumbprints.

Read up on The Wedge and their location at: The Wedge Coop

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous15/3/09

    The frosted pumpkin muffin at The Wedge Coop in Minneapolis is simply outstanding. It's my favorite dessert since beginning a vegan diet more than four years ago. I've shared this treat with many non-vegans and virtually everyone seems to enjoy it as well. As you have indicated in a number of posts on your blog, you don't need to have dairy ingredients to enjoy a great dessert. And I heartily endorse The Wedge bakery as a place to find alternatives.

    ReplyDelete