Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Restaurant Review: Pracna on Main

Pracna on Main, apparently the oldest restaurant in Minneapolis, is where I enjoyed dinner tonight. I have frequented this place during the summer months when the outdoor patio is open. Its a great place to order a drink and stare out at the river or people watch. Tonight is the first time I visited Pracna for dinner.

They had several things listed on their menu that caught my interest: Teriyaki Salmon, Strawberry Chicken Salad with Poppyseed dressing and the Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich with Caper Mayo. When I pulled the waitress to the side to tell her about my intolerance for dairy, I asked if any of these dishes would pose a problem. She was very friendly and told me she'd check with the cook. She came back and told me that everything I had mentioned was dairy free, and the sides that came with the entrees also had dairy-free options.

I ended up ordering the teriyaki salmon with a side of baked potato and green beans in an asian marinade with sesame seeds sprinkled on top. Everything was delicious and I did not get any grief from the server about my requests. For the cheese-eating guests that may accompany you to such a restaurant, they've got fun sandwich options like "The 1890" which features turkey on rye with a cranberry cream cheese spread and swiss cheese.

Check out Pracna.

2 comments:

  1. That 1890 sandwich is my favorite at Pracna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25/7/09

    Pracna on Main has a fan page on Facebook, check it out here! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minneapolis-MN/Pracna-On-Main/94939118777?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete